Becoming a Member Of The Team
As HCA-Radio is community based, it is open to virtually anyone who may be interested in getting involved within the radio. If its something you've never done before and your wanting to give it ago or if its something your already into, then there's an opportunity. From presenting to programming or managing online content, there's a place here for you!
Before Getting Involved You Must Agree To The Stations Rules
1. Language: Broadcasters are required to respect the term 'community' and keep all content, songs and language polite and restrain from using inappropriate words or content.
2. Advanced warning: If a broadcaster can't run their scheduled show for what ever reason it may be, it is advised that they must give the station a 24 hour warning, so there is enough time for the station to find another broadcaster to cover him/her. This warning has to be done through contacting the station, and a confirmation notice is required.
3. Use of the radio station: The broadcaster is required to restrain from using the show for personal purposes or promotional purposes. Personal opinions are allowed, moderately.
4. Advertisement: The broadcaster is not allowed to advertise anything during the shows, even if for free, unless specifically authorised by the station. In that specific case, all the arrangements between the advertiser and the radio station must be done exclusively through the station's management team.
5. Volunteering service: All broadcasters agree on running the show as volunteers, and won´t get paid for any services, advertisement fees, presentations, or anything related to the radio station.
6. Radio station ownership: HCA-Radio was created by Hedworthfield community association, who has, exclusively, all legal rights about the station, name, website, advertisement, funds, and whose decisions must be respected and taken by all the broadcasters connected to it.
7. Show announcements: The broadcaster must make, during their shows, every announcement previously determined by the station management team , about weather, news, coming shows, advertisements, and such.
The statements above must be strictly followed, with no exception, by all volunteers connected to HCA-Radio, or they will be immediately stopped from broadcasting. All broadcasters who do not abide by these rules will be terminated by the stations management team, whose decision is final.
Sign up to our newsletter
HCA Is A Charitable Incorporated Organisation. Registered Charity No. 11545678